T-shirts are one of the most fashionable forms of casual wear for us. Do you know how to care for your t-shirt?
T-shirts are available in various styles, prints and fabrics in the market. They may be expensive as well as economical, based on from where they’re purchased. But irrespective of the price and the materials used, the life span of a T-shirt isn’t especially long. T-shirts can suffer from various problems including shrinkage, color & print fade or crack, tear, and threads coming out or puckering.
Here are some useful tips you can follow to prolong the life of your t-shirt.
1. Though hand washing your t-shirt in cold water is the safest washing method. However, it isn’t effective if your t-shirt has stains. So when using washing machine, use the most delicate settings available on your washing machine. This will make sure that your t-shirt is washed with a suitable water temperature to prevent from color fade & shrinkage.
2. Always turn your t-shirt inside out before putting it inside the washer.
3. Don’t put your t-shirt into the washing machine with garments of different color & fabrics.
4. Always read the washing care label on the inside of the t-shirt & follow instructions.
5. Do not use bleach or detergents which contain bleach.
6. After washing, dry low or hang dry.
7. If hang dry, turn the t-shirt inside out when drying.
8. If you hang your t-shirt outside, try to avoid direct sunlight because it can lead to color fade.
9. We do not recommend ironing your t-shirt. However if you do, iron inside out or on the backside (avoiding design printed area). Always use a low setting for ironing.
10. If you do not wear your t-shirt often, keep your washed and ironed t shirt lynching in the wardrobe, take care when hanging them on storage place. As this can extend out your collar. Instead it’s better to leave them flat on the shelves of your closet.
Lastly, regardless of how well you treat your t shirt, it’ll fade and wear off. Enjoy it while you can and take care of your t-shirt while it lasts.